Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year/2008 In Review

New Years Eve was spent with our Party Group at Meng's. Besides us and Meng's there was Anderson, Peterson, Furniss and Purser we had dinner and at 10 pm we were all yawning so we pulled out the domino's and played till midnight. Had some cold duck and headed for home and in bed by 12:30 am. Where are the days we stayed up half the night playing chardes. Guess that is what happens when you are pushing 60.

New Years Day we headed up to Targhee to do some skiing. The top was a blizzard slowly made our way over to Cheif Joseph and skied Blackfoot lift till about 11:30 went in to have an early lunch and then over to Scajawea. It got very crowded and found out both Dreamcatcher and Blackfoot lifts were closed. The snow wasn't to bad, the top was blowing and windy but once in the trees it was good. Scott's legs gave out, so Geoff and I skied. He took me through some trees not to bad. I was surprised at how I didn't get tired for my first time out. Excited for Wednesday ladies day to start this week.

Just a quick review of 2008

January found me skiing on Wednesday and bowling on Thursday. Scott went golfing in Mesquite while I went to Las Vegas with 5 other friends to the Miss American pageant in January.
February found us sking, bowling, and snowmobling. All the kids were home and we had a family picture. Clint had two weeks from Iraq and Lia and girls came from Germany. It had been 4 years since we had all been togehter.
March still sking and bowling. I still go to a quilt guild once a month along with still working part time at Scotts office. Did loose two new sets of ski poles (left them at the ski hill and no one turned them in)
April We headed to Palm Springs for a week of golfing and Scott got a new motorcyle for his birthday. Tiffany and Marshall and boys lived with us for 4 months.
May our willow tree got a major trimming from broken branches from an early snowstorm last year. Grandma Nielson passed away on May 24.
Summer Months found Scott traveling clear up to Cut Bank Montana down to Reno Nevada on projects. I went on a few trips with him. First time up to Gardnier Montana, North entrance of Yellowstone Park had a nice trip through the park. Did some hiking with friends. Went to Miss Idaho in June and Miss Idaho Falls won again. July had a family reunion in Draper and Snowbird Utah. We had a barbeque in Jason's backyard which made him get busy to finish his patio. Earlier in the day Jeralee and family, Avry, Tiffany and kids was spent at the children's museum and then playing in the fountains at the Gateway
August hiked Table Rock with friends. My brother brought my sister Laura up for a week took her to Targhee and Jackson. Picked up my sister Cheryl and we went to SLC and visited our kids and spent some time on temple Square. Was extremely busy with Miss Idaho Falls, not only taking care of the money and secretarial duties I wound up putting the program together. Went to Bend Oregon and did some golfing then on over to Eugene to visit Jeralee and family and see and do a little work on their new home. I got my first new leather coat in Jackson so I would look cool on Scott's motorcyle which I am getting more courage to ride with him
September we got a new riding lawn mower and it is a zero radius turning and I haven't learned to use it. Maybe I won't learn as I like Scott doing all the mowing now. Went for a few days to Sun Valley, rode our bikes and golfed. I also learned about belaying and mountain climbing with Geoff and have a few new scars to show.
October we went to Hawaii for almost two weeks for an AIA convention. We went to Oahu and the big island, did golfing, snorkling on a boat and a dinner cruise and rented a jeep.
November we went to St. George and did some golfing before Thanksgiving and then had Thanksgiving at Avry's. We got a new snowblower in anticipation of snow.
December we finally got new windows put in the basement. Sun Valley for a few days no snow so read the Twilight books. Finally finished the top of Jason's quilt after two years and almost have my stockings done. First year with no kids on Christmas Eve, but rented a cabin and had a fun time in Island Park. Then moved Tiffany from Lehi to Eagle Mountain, spent a day with Grandchildren.
On top of that Scott was Bishop of the BYUI 7th ward. Besides the ward activies we had a FHE group in every monday night during school and I made homemade bread each week and sent it home with the kids. All and all it was a pretty good year. Looking forward to 2009 and lots of exciting new things.

2 comments:

Avry said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful year! Hey I didn't even make it to midnight -my eyes wouldn't stay open so if your excuse is that you are almost 60. what is mine??

Loved reading your update!

Jason said...

Wow... you had a busy year.