Sunday, July 19, 2009

Summer Time and the Livin is not easy

Summer heat has finally arrived and here it is the middle of July already. Summer always seems to fly by. This summer is no different from any other, we seem to keep it filled with so many things. So the livin isn't easy. I don't want to hurry my summer away but when you get involved in a few things its like you can't wait till its over. Mainly right now Miss IF which is on August 6. I only need to go to Oregon on the 1st of August for my granddaughter Charlise's baptism (sad that we will miss the Lewis reunion in Logan) and then hurry back. Then on August 7 we fly to Detroit for an open house for Geoff and Cheryl.

I was think how nice it would be just to have everything done and just lay around. But my kids would tell you that is not my nature. Well I found out how it was just to lay around on Saturday. I had this headache that wouldn't go away and a queasy stomach all day. (Wonder if it was what Tiffany and boys had) I think I like feeling good and being busy. I did make it to my Quilt Guild Garden party at 10 but all afternoon I laid on the bed. Got up enough to go to a reception with Scott. He was hungry so we went to Perkins where I ordered mash potatoes and chicken soup and only ate the broth. It was like that all night long. This morning I felt better made it to church and since we are out by noon we had lunch and then went up to yellowstone for a ride. It was free to get into the park. Nice ride a lot of people up there watched Old Faithful go off and then headed home.

This last Tuesday I drove down to Tiffany's to help her get ready for her Cause Party. I got there during rush hour and had stand still traffic. Yuk! Tiffany and family got home just before I got there. We had dinner and then Tiffany and I ran to Walmart to get some things. Her boys had been sick the two nights before and so I had started helping her clean her house. We had plans to do something on Wednesday but that changed as she got sick in the night and most of the morning. She felt better in the evening and we headed to Jason's for a get together with Avry' family also. He has made a nice patio and furniture. I stayed with him Wednesday night and got up and walked/jogged liberty park. Then went and picked up Savanna at Avry's work. It was her birthday and she spent the day with Tiffany and I. We did some shopping for the cause party and then went home to get ready. It turned out really good. Check Tiffany's blog at www.babesandkidsreview.com. It will explain it better. Stayed till noon on Friday helping her with a few more things then headed back to IDAHO.

AHHHHHHHHHHH! There is no place like HOME!

3 comments:

tiff snedaker said...

Sorry you were feeling so cruddy yesterday. It's hard when it just sort of lingers. That's how I felt Friday, just like something was lingering. I'm so glad you came down, it was such a good time. Love you.

Avry said...

busy busy busy! Glad you have some good things going on! :)

Jason said...

maybe something is going around... I have been feeling a little off too.