Thursday, September 25, 2008

It Happened in Sun Valley

I still love Sun Valley in the Fall. We have been coming over for over 30 years. The leaves are just barely starting to turn. Dad and I were thinking when we went to the SV golf course for the first time and saw it cost $27 a piece, we wondered if we could ever aford to golf it. Monday we paid $135 a piece. It still is one of our favorite courses. They have a new club house it is east of the old one and they have added a nine hole course accross the street where the gun club was. It goes up the hill. Chuck and Sue Hunter and Bonnie and Mike Peterson had come over Sunday night and stayed at the lodge. The guys golfed together and the girls followed. We had dinner at Smokey Mountain Pizza and then Bonnie and Mike headed for home and Chuck and Sue stayed over at our condo.

This time of year is quiet. We take our bikes over and rode about 17 miles toward Hailey on Tuesday. I did pretty good always the last, but I didn't get off my bike going up any incline. Dad left on Wednesday and so I walked around town looking at all the shops and gasping at the prices of things. $50 for bubble bath. Nordstrom is looking better in prices. I saw small quilted cosmetic bags for $24. I could make them (I know I need to make the time). Maybe I could become a Vera Wang and have Tiffany market them for me. (Time again). I did wander into the Gold Mine (for those of you who don't remember its the thrift store). I did buy a Mary Higgins Clark and read it last night and today.

I brought over unfinished projects to work on as I knew Scott had to go back to IF on Wednesday and Thursday. I finished an apron, about finished Maeli's hanging quilt and cut material for Jason's quilt. I also went for an 8 mile bike ride and then this evening dad and I rode our bikes up to Sun Valley. They have a new outdoor amphitheater. They give free concerts in the summer. Go on line to see it. Tommorrow we are going to ride up to Stanley and do some hiking in the Sawtooths. I bought a book on easy hikes. Its been a while since we have been up that way. Saturday we may head to Twin Falls and go golfing as it is cheaper and then head home.

5 comments:

Jeralee said...

I love Sun Valley also. Lots of good memories there. I can imagine that the prices of things just keep going up and up and up. It is nice to have some free time to take in the scenery, do some outdoor things without the crowds and work on some projects. Sounds like a nice time.

Avry said...

I need to go back! It has been years since I have been there but I am sure it is still as beautiful as always. Glad you are enjoying your visit. When are you coming home? I tried calling this morning- I want to chat! :)

Aurelia said...

I think I went to sun valley once, i keep confusing it with Park city!
Glad you have the opportunity to do all that fun stuff!

tiff snedaker said...

It sounds like you've had a nice relaxing time! And getting in lots of exercise too. Resort towns will get you with their prices, that's for sure.
Your hike up to tablerock looks fun too. I'm sure you are grateful to have such a fun group of friends to do things with!

Jason said...

I like Sun Valley too. I've made it back there almost once every year.