Saturday, May 17, 2008

Forgetfulness

As I drive in my silver sporty Maxima, oh wait a minute maybe it was dads green ford pickup as I was getting flowers for my yard this last week and drove it two days.  There is something about driving a truck or the Yukon that you feel elevated in stature.   Or maybe its I feel a little safer in bigger vehicles, love my yukon for road trips.Ok where was I going with this. Oh yeah forgetfulness.  As I am driving I have so many thoughts and ideas come into my mind of what I could write or what would be worthy or unique to me for this blog.  But alas when I get home and think about it, I have forgotten.  I guess I was thinking of a discussion I had with one of my children this last week and they were telling me something and I acted surprised and they said "MOM I TOLD YOU IN JANUARY WITH DAD".   Ok, at that point my brain try's to rewind the video of my life and think ok where was I.   I try to search my memory,  and then I think I start to vaguely remember.   My children will say that I don't listen, but I think I listen I think I just forget.  There dad will attest to that.  It seems lately I will ask a question and he will say "Its the same answer when you asked last time"  Ok, so I forgot tell me again.  It absolutely makes me feel good when someone younger then me forgets something.I guess I have to attribute it to that this life of mine is going by so fast and there is so much I want to see, do and say.  One thing (of many) that drives Scott up a wall is not completing my sentences.   My brain goes faster then my mouth and everyone has to complete in their mind what I am trying to say.  Except Scott always stops me and makes me think and go slower.   My friends look at me like what are you trying to say.  When they get that deer in the headlight look I know that I am not making any sense to them.  So back up.  I did this in a meeting for Miss IF and I felt really stupid everyone was so confused as it didn't make sense.    So my advice to my self SLOW DOWN and think.   I even try after someone has told me something that they told me before I go over it in my mind several times to see if the computer chip in my mind will keep it there.    Oh what can I say, its the AGE.  NOT, thats just me.  Maybe I can google memor losss and find something to take. Ah ha, another blog what interesting things I have googles. 

3 comments:

Avry said...

You are to young to be forgetting things! :) You did forget that I told you in March that I found out in January.. hahaha!
I love ya no matter what! Even if your mouth does move faster than your brain.

Jason said...

funny blog... :)

tiff snedaker said...

yes, forgetful mom :) it's ok, we still love you