Thursday, June 5, 2008

Reflection

Time definately flies by for me. There just isn't enough time in a day for me to get everything done I need to do and want to do. Even starting at 5:30 am. Here it is 10:30 pm and stopped to check everyone's blog. I didn't exercise today. I started on thank you notes this morning, laundry and cleaning up. Then off to work at 9:30 am. Worked till 5 finally got all my invoices done and caught up until the next time in 3 weeks. Did go to the chiropractor. Got home ate left overs and then went and mowed the back pasture, trimmed and started mowing the ditch bank. I was greatful for Marshall to mow around the house today. Came in cleaned kitchen, laundry did some sewing and general cleaning.

It has been an experience to sit and watch my mother in law die. From the time the hospice nurse told me her body was shutting down until she passed away was 6 days. In that time I felt I needed to be by her side. It was hard for me to focus on anything for very long. My children said it would teach me to slow down. For that week I did slow down and put everything on hold. But I am back to running fast again. You ask why am I that way. My parents were not busy people but my Grandparents were. So maybe I got it from them. Who knows. We each have our own little personalities and quirks.

4 comments:

Avry said...

Yep, that sounds like my mom! Always on the go. If you enjoy it that is all that matters. :)

tiff snedaker said...

Funny that I am leaving a comment even though I see you almost everyday. Yes - you GO GO GO :) I don't think you would be happy if you weren't though.

Jason said...

You know, I see that "go, go, go" character trait in myself, and sometimes I see it in Jeralee and Avry. I call it the "worker bee" trait. Maybe the other siblings have it too, but I haven't been around them enough to discern it. I think to some degree it's genetic and I think it's a positive force. Getting stuff done really brings a feeling of accomplishment and I wouldn't prefer it any other way. So, charge ahead!!! :)

Jeralee said...

Worker Bee here raising her hand high. LOL

Although around here, we call it Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Instead of denying it, I just embrace it.

It does feel weird to just sit and relax sometimes when you feel like you should be doing something.

Better to be busy than lazy I suppose.