Wednesday, July 1, 2009

New Daughter in Law


On June 19 our youngest son Geoff married Cheryl Green from Shelby, Michigan (near Detroit) in the Rexburg LDS Temple. The sun was shinning in the morning and glad we had the reception scheduled inside the church instead of in the yard as it was cloudy and cooler in the evening.

I didn't take very many pictures and didn't get pictures of the grand kids all together. Hoping maybe Scott, or one of my kids got pictures. I got a few in the parking lot and video taped some at the temple. Cheryl is a gem and is majoring in music education and plays the flute. She was in our BYUI 7th ward for 4 semesters. So we feel fortunate to have taken one of the college kids home to be in our family.

I had the reception catered and my girls said that is the best thing I could of done. We served over 250 people. We had a steady line all night long and didn't get to sit down till the very end. I did the luncheon at the church also and did that myself since I was splurging on the reception. They are so cute together. They honeymooned at Big Sky, Montana where they got in some rock climbing. They found a small government subsidize apartment in Rexburg. We have an open house in Michigan the 8th of August.

We had all of our kids here for the wedding except Clint and family as they are still in Germany. We really missed them. Tiffany got here on a Monday, Jeralee Tuesday, Avry Wednesday and Jason Thursday. They all left on Sunday except Jeralee who left on her birthday on the next Tuesday. It was nice to have them all here. We did a shower on Wednesday at 1 for Cheryl then she went through the temple that evening at 6.

Saturday everyone went swimming and then pizza afterwards.

It is now very quiet around here and Scott and I realize its just the two of us. Starting the next phaze of our life. EMPTY NESTERS

5 comments:

tiff snedaker said...

Yeah, you really are empty nesters. I need to make more time to come up and see you.

Avry said...

I came up on Tuesday too! Remember I got there before Jeralee ;)

I am excited to see you guys this weekend it will be fun to watch the 4th of July fireworks with you. :) I haven't seen the Idaho show in 4 years!! You did a great job on the wedding mom it turned out beautiful!

LIFE IS GOOD! said...

Sorry Avry, my senior moment. Jason left on Saturday. Thanks for all your help

Aurelia said...

wish we could have been there! They looked so beautiful!

Jason said...

Thanks for the new posting. I enjoyed it. Good pictures!!!