Friday, November 14, 2008

Thankful

Love this time of year as we head into the holidays. With Thanksgiving in less then two weeks I am so thankful for so many things. First I have to say THANKS to Tiffany for updating the look of my blog. She said it was easy, but I know it would take some time for me to figure it out. It makes me more excited for the Holidays. I started boobing when I noticed the picture of all of us and she had put "Family is Everything". It is so true, my favorite saying to the kids when they were growing up is friends may come and go but family will always be there. I am eternal grateful for each one of my children and what they continually teach me. I just wish they lived closer. Wait, I still have Geoff when he is not running up to Rexburg to see a certain girl.

I have been trying to catch up on the conference talks in the November Ensign. This morning I read the one by David Bednar on "Pray Always". It was interesting that he said to just pray and thank HF and not ask for anything. So I tried it with my morning prayers and do you know how hard that is. I kept wanting to ask him to bless someone. I read two other talks also that were good. Jeffrey R. Holland "The Ministry of Angels" and he testified of both heavenly and mortal angels that minister to each one of us. The other one was by Joseph B. Wirthlin "Come What May and Love it" I had to laugh at this whatever comes our way in life we need to love it. I was thinking of my children who have had some things come their way and how much they are trying to LOVE IT. Just reading these made my day at home fantastic.

1 comment:

tiff snedaker said...

You're welcome! I'm so glad you like it. I know what talk you are talking about - Bednar's. He told a story in that talk about how they were hosting a general authority in their home and had just had a close family friend pass away. The general authority asked them to say a prayer just of thanks.
Anyways - I am super excited for the holidays too! So fun :)